Objective: The Warranty Manager is responsible for all post-close warranty and management of department personnel.
Reports to: Division President
Supervises: Warranty Field Personnel
Areas of Responsibility:
Warranty and Other Homeowner Services
- Service work orders (warranty service requests or other homeowner requests) from Homeowner Services Department are responded to homeowners within 24 hours.
- Prompt investigation on service work orders and scheduling of trade contractors as necessary to address defects or deficiencies.
- Homeowner is informed of repair schedule, status, and expected completion date (Company cycle time goal is five business days).
- Homeowners are updated promptly as conditions or schedules change or if completion commitment date is in jeopardy of being missed.
- Ensures all trade contractor work, suppliers, schedules, and quality standards are met.
- Maintain an accurate and detailed written record of actions taken and case disposition.
- Ensure homeowner is contacted when service work order is complete and that homeowner is satisfied.
- Obtain written homeowner acknowledgement of satisfactory completion (fax or e-mail is acceptable).
- Ensure closed cased written documentation is completed and filed for reference.
- Inform manager of potential or actual customer dissatisfaction as appropriate.
- Initiate periodic pro-active contact with homeowners.
- Ensure that homeowner expectations have been accurately set based on the homeowner warranty and other guidelines and job aids provided by the Company.
- Actively address incorrect or unrealistic customer expectations when encountered. Enlist senior management and sales assistance when needed.
- Present a professional, polite, and courteous appearance at all times when interacting with homeowners, prospective buyers, and the general public.
- Properly document customer concerns and come to a decision and plan of action with the customer within agreed upon time frames.
- Respond to customer contacts and inquiries within established time frames and document all related communications.
- Insist on vendor compliance with Company quality standards at all times.
- Adhere to all company prescribed quality and defect prevention procedures.
- Submit to immediate manager written notification of product or service quality issues that cannot be unilaterally resolved.
- Document and submit to manager issues identified for product quality improvement
- Review all applicable job-specific information with trade contractors prior to the commencement of work (includes obtaining required insurance certificates).
- Ensure that trade contractors comply with all governmental safety and environmental rules and regulations as well as community rules and standards.
- Provide written feedback as needed to the Purchasing Department on trade contractor performance.
- Process invoices and bills for payment in timely manner and in accordance with Company accounts payable procedures.
- Authorize payment only after verification of quality and 100% completion of work.
- Resolve any questions or problems regarding invoices and/or payments.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures for authorization and payment of non-contract work.
- Follow all Company and governmental safety rules and standards.
- Immediately correct any observed unsafe conditions or report to higher management.
Construction Knowledge and Skills
- Maintain general knowledge of residential building codes.
- Develop working knowledge of mechanical systems, residential equipment, appliances, hardware, and finish standards.
- Maintain basic understanding of Company product specifications, scopes of work, blueprints, and insurance requirements.
- Understand the issues of water intrusion, mold, and mold remediation and that with problems of this nature, time is of the essence.
- Understand safety, OSHA, and environmental rules, regulations, and standards as they apply to this position.
- Understand Company quality and customer satisfaction goals and other performance standards and measurements.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of purchase agreement (sales contract), homeowner handbook, builder limited warranty, 2-10 warranty, and manufacturers’ warranties.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete and submit timely and accurate reports and administrative requirements in accordance with Company format and timeframes.
- Maintain a personal time management system to facilitate organization and efficiency including task scheduling, task tracking, and task documentation.
- Be prepared to review on the status of assigned Warranty Service requests weekly.
- Accept and respond to out-of-hours emergency calls (nights, weekends, holidays).
- Present a professional image in accordance with company appearance standards.
- Maintain a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings with all parties at all times.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision-making skills.
|Job Category||Customer Service|