Reports to: Nancy Scott/Rebecca Gibson
FLSA Status: Exempt
Description of Work
Position Purpose: To sell new CB JENI townhomes and Normandy Homes and provide excellent service to all of our prospects and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devote his/her entire time to diligently and faithfully employing himself/herself in and about the promotion of home sales within the COMPANY and conduct the same to the greatest advantage of the COMPANY.
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent the COMPANY, and himself/herself in a professional manner at all times (even through social marketing efforts) as required by CB JENI/Normandy Homes.
Traffic and Sales Generation
- Be responsible to maintain a sales performance level as set by the sales manager, which is in relation to the goal set by Corporate for the community; at a minimum this is an average of 2 net sales / month (3/month for 1-person sales office) for each successive quarter.
- Be responsible for maintaining a loss to sales ratio of less than 30%.
- Self- generate 20% of sales traffic to the models.
- Be responsible for maintaining an effective sign campaign in his/her area which shall include billboard signs, temporary road sign routes, small permanent signs, etc. ( which are to be checked weekly by salesperson to insure compliance).
- Be responsible for input and decision making for advertising as required by the sales manager.
- Follow up all community internet and phone leads upon receiving them.
- Each week, a traffic report is to be filled out for each community. All prospects and Realtor registrations for the week are to be entered in the company database (LASSO). All traffic report and registrations are due at the end of each sales week. Follow up with each buyer using the LASSO system
- Be responsible for promoting our COMPANY and products by sending mailings and calling on professional companies and Realtors within his/her area.
- List and maintain the accuracy of homes in the MLS according to the company guidelines.
- Be responsible for turning contracts and other required forms in with complete and correct information as soon as possible. Post all buyer information in the Company designated database and maintain all buyer information and prospect information in the Company database (LASSO).
- Report all changes in revised contracts (i.e. loan amounts, lot/block changes, colors, etc.) at once to the sales manager and community construction manager as soon as you are aware of them.
- Be responsible for checking the status on all loans with the Mortgage Company, and Buyer. Salesperson is responsible for updating the status of all his/her loans in progress to be delivered to the Sales Coordinator.
- Turn sales cancellations, spec sale contracts and time sensitive signed selection sheets into the corporate office within 24 hours.
- Initiate weekly follow up calls to every buyer, handle e-mail and phone follow up, and post-closing visits.
- Be responsible for scheduling closing times with the Mortgage Company; Title Company; Customer; and for keeping the corporate office immediately informed of closing times.
- Be responsible for all loans, customer problems and complaints, walk through, and closing procedures for all customers sold in his/her area.
- Be responsible for coordinating all in house walk-throughs prior to and including scheduled walk-through dates with all of his/her sales before closing.
Model Home and Community Maintenance
- Be responsible for making sure model homes are open during business hours as established by President.
- Be responsible for maintaining professional appearance of model homes; this includes the grounds as well as interior of the models, i.e. trash, mechanical maintenance, watering, yard work, interior touch-up, dusting and vacuuming, signs in the community and leading into the community.
- Maintain sufficient number of closing packets in area sales office and insure proper presentation of packets and house keys to each new homeowner after their closing. (Proof of closing and funding is required before keys are given out).
- Be responsible for keeping an inventory of all supplies within the sales office such as sales contracts, file folders, pens, etc. (All supplies shall be approved by the sales manager).
- Regularly check houses under construction to cheerfully and continuously report discrepancies to the Corporate Construction Manager.
- Be responsible for the appearance and security of every finished/unoccupied home within his/her community.
Learning and Development
- Attend and fully participate in periodic or ongoing training engagements as directed by the sales manager.
- Be responsible for compiling a market study information on a quarterly basis, covering the competition in salesperson’s area which will contain competition’s current pricing, home sizes, and any special features or financing available. The selection of the market area to be covered will be a collaboration between the sales staff and the sales manager.
- Be responsible for making recommendations on changes needed in the product line based on the need of the customers that can be documented to the management team.
- Follow all safety rules as established by the company.
Supervision of Others: Provides mentoring and coaching to sales assistants in their community.
Authority/Budget/Decision Making/Discretion and Independent Judgment Ability: This position must use their discretion in negotiating contract agreements and making community advertising decisions. Realtor visits and promotional presentations must be scheduled off site.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. The associate frequently is required to walk the model home, community, spec homes, climb stairs, and sit at a desk. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 25 pounds.
The associate must be able to perform the task of carrying and installing signs within the community.
The noise level in the work environment can be loud at certain times. There is an element of new paint fumes and dust in this work environment.
Location: The community location as assigned. The assignments of community location may change at any time. Weekend hours.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: New home sales experience preferred, mortgage and construction experience is a plus.
Competencies: Sales ability, computer skills, organizational skills, legal/business comprehension, customer service skills, financing skills, construction knowledge,
Nothing in this position description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.